Mayer Brown Tests

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Hi everyone! FINALLY just got invited to telephone interview! So thankfully they’re still reviewing apps. If anyone has any tips/insight please help!
Well done! I had mine on the 17th. I’d say make sure you have your ‘why Mayer Brown’ answer ready and practice strength based questions! You’ll also have an opportunity to ask them questions if you want to :) Best of luck!

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019
I was invited on the 7th and reckon I did them on the 9-10th. Got my report on the 12th! Glad to know they’re still reviewing at that stage though
Yeah I was starting to loose hope! Hopefully you’ll hear soon.

Well done! I had mine on the 17th. I’d say make sure you have your ‘why Mayer Brown’ answer ready and practice strength based questions! You’ll also have an opportunity to ask them questions if you want to :) Best of luck!
Oo! Thank you so much! Is it quite conversational or pretty strict? And do you get told on the call if you’re through to AC? Thanks again

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Yeah I was starting to loose hope! Hopefully you’ll hear soon.

Oo! Thank you so much! Is it quite conversational or pretty strict? And do you get told on the call if you’re through to AC? Thanks again

Hmm, I’d say somewhere in between. You’ll be fine so long as you do some strengths based questions beforehand. Think there were perhaps 8-10 questions or so. They won’t tell you outcome immediately. I think it took 6 days for me to hear back :)

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019
Hmm, I’d say somewhere in between. You’ll be fine so long as you do some strengths based questions beforehand. Think there were perhaps 8-10 questions or so. They won’t tell you outcome immediately. I think it took 6 days for me to hear back :)
Oh okay. Thank you so much for the info. I hope it was a good outcome!

TM

Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2019
Hello all, I got an invite to do the online tests, but I am not sure how to prepare for them. Any thoughts?

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 6
Nov 9, 2020
How do you know if you've passed the tests? Is being "average" okay? Because that's what I've received in my feedback... Or do you have to be above average in everything to pass?

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    How do you know if you've passed the tests? Is being "average" okay? Because that's what I've received in my feedback... Or do you have to be above average in everything to pass?

Absolutely, I got a telephone interview (I was probably one of the earlier applicants) having only had average for all of them bar one above average, good luck!

Reactions: AspiringSol

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.