Mayer Brown Tests

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I completed the tests yesterday, it's not too late for the TC, is it? I'm worried the places will be full by the time they get round to an interview.
Not too sure. I did the telephone interview last week and grad rec said first AC will be second week of Feb. They do it on rolling basis but he said ACs will run until end of March so you are probably fine :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Bugsy Malone

northernlawstud

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi guys! I am a bit late to the party and trying to write my cover letter for the direct TC, has anyone got any tips or things I need to include?
Dw I only wrote mine about a week ago and got an email for the online tests yesterday. I was just myself in what I said, be honest and say why you want to work for them and what you like about the TC. Be specific in examples though and explain reasons why you did or didn't do something, like I did really bad in my A-Levels so explained this and was honest and they still invited me to do the tests. Good luck!

Reactions: Legal_rawn

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
Oh well that’s good to know and congratulations on getting to the telephone interview! Did he say when you will hear back by, or just when ACs are?
Thank you! Unfortunately he did not say anything about when I can expect to hear back. Only mentioned when ACs will be held online

Sfernan21

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 26, 2021
Did the tests yesterday! One of the weirder tests I have to say... Does anyone know how long it should take for the feedback report to arrive in my inbox and what a good score is?

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Did the tests yesterday! One of the weirder tests I have to say... Does anyone know how long it should take for the feedback report to arrive in my inbox and what a good score is?
    I did the tests on Weds and received the feedback report today. I was also wondering what good results looked like?
    There is no set good score. The results are looked in conjunction with your application. There are people who get through with mixed results such as below averages and averages. For example, last year I know two people who got the exact same results: one below average, one above average and the rest average. One of them got through, the other was rejected.

Last edited:
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: eveh1784

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Should I be worried that I submitted my app on the 19th and haven't been given the link to the tests?

Try not to worry. I believe they invite everyone to the tests stage. Then they read your application and review tests results together before determining if you get to telephone interview!

In case you haven’t already, it’s worth checking your portal! This is just in case the email invite went to your spam folder.

Reactions: Z1234

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Should I be worried that I submitted my app on the 19th and haven't been given the link to the tests?
    I echo what @Holly says about the portal. But just to add, there’s never a need to worry if you haven’t heard from a firm- they have a lot to process and the time taken, in these circumstances especially, is usually down to the fact your app hasn’t been processed yet. Try to sit tight and I’m sure they’ll reach out to you as soon as they can.

Reactions: Z1234 and Holly

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.