Mishcon de Reya issue question

Lawstudent**

Star Member
  • Aug 27, 2022
    Hi guys,

The Mishcon app this year asks this question: "If we were to invite you to interview what is the issue that you would most like to talk about? And why? This should be an issue that you would happily discuss with your friends and should be something you genuinely feel passionate about. No 'Brexit' related issues please! (150 words max)"

Having recently spoken to their graduate recruiters about this, I know that this is not really supposed to be an opportunity to talk about something like a hobby or sport. Unless of course, there is an issue behind it.

But because of the "passion" angle it is hard to know what they are really gunning for here. My current thoughts are to talk about a volunteering experience I am involved with. Something else I have been thinking about is writing about my dissertation topic because it raises some difficult issues.

What do you think? What would you do?
    Hi,

do you know whether the VI is automatically sent or do you have pass the initial application form?

thanks

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.