Module grade significance for VCs

MK829

Feb 28, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm a second year student at UCL doing a humanities subject, and I'm slightly worried about some of my module grades. My first year average was a first, with some high firsts but also a 59. This year I had a rough term 1, albeit with some mitigating circumstances, ending up with one 57 and a 65 average. I have strong A-Levels and decent results in essay competitions. My concern, then, is being auto-rejected on VCs for those two 2.2 marks. Top firms have so many applicants that this sounds at least plausible to me.

Do you think I should be worried in general? And do any firms spring to mind that may auto-reject on these grounds?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm a second year student at UCL doing a humanities subject, and I'm slightly worried about some of my module grades. My first year average was a first, with some high firsts but also a 59. This year I had a rough term 1, albeit with some mitigating circumstances, ending up with one 57 and a 65 average. I have strong A-Levels and decent results in essay competitions. My concern, then, is being auto-rejected on VCs for those two 2.2 marks. Top firms have so many applicants that this sounds at least plausible to me.

Do you think I should be worried in general? And do any firms spring to mind that may auto-reject on these grounds?

Thanks!
I don’t think any firm would reject you on the basis of those two grades alone , especially if the second year one has mitigating circumstances attached to it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.