NQ Recruiters / NQ Chances

NearlyNQ

Apr 28, 2021
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but have lurked for a fair while, it has great content.

I had a few questions, the first which is relatively simple, as a second year trainee I am considering having a look at the market for NQ positions particularly within the elite US space, Skadden, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Weil etc.

Are there any particular recruiters that have significant expertise in this space that I should keep and eye out for?

Secondly, having trained at a firm with a strong MM PE presence, think NQ salary around 110k, is it realistic to make the jump to elite US? For context top A-Levels and Top 5 undergrad.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Jaysen and djqb

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Not really an expert in NQ roles and the only person I did know who did that has stopped doing it.

You’ll need to register with some agencies. Make sure your LinkedIn is up to date too as often these days these roles are done by direct resourcers from within the firm rather than via agencies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.