Back to law

Zammy96

Feb 23, 2020
Hi all

By way of background, strong overall academics (3 A*, RG LLB, and a LPC pass (meh)). Currently 23.

First round of apps in 2017. Completed a VS at one US firm in 2018, performed well, but not well enough to meet the trainee quota of 2.

Second round in 2018. Secured a VS at one top city firm and a mid tier national firm. At the same time, leveraging on my stock trading hobby during university, I secured a role at a IPO/Corporate finance house in the City, paying near NQ salary at an average city law firm. Given the nature of the job and the pay, I thought I am done with chasing my dream City TC. Therefore, I rejected my two VS that I was due to complete in 2019.

A year later, I have come to realise that I will never be truely satisfied until I qualify as a lawyer!

So, here I am, drafting my applications again. Lets see if I can bag a direct TC sooner or later.

I’ve worked on the IPO of one law firm and funnily enough I’ll now probably apply to them.

Best of luck all.

• 🤝
Reactions: Jaysen and Daniel Boden

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all

By way of background, strong overall academics (3 A*, RG LLB, and a LPC pass (meh)). Currently 23.

First round of apps in 2017. Completed a VS at one US firm in 2018, performed well, but not well enough to meet the trainee quota of 2.

Second round in 2018. Secured a VS at one top city firm and a mid tier national firm. At the same time, leveraging on my stock trading hobby during university, I secured a role at a IPO/Corporate finance house in the City, paying near NQ salary at an average city law firm. Given the nature of the job and the pay, I thought I am done with chasing my dream City TC. Therefore, I rejected my two VS that I was due to complete in 2019.

A year later, I have come to realise that I will never be truely satisfied until I qualify as a lawyer!

So, here I am, drafting my applications again. Lets see if I can bag a direct TC sooner or later.

I’ve worked on the IPO of one law firm and funnily enough I’ll now probably apply to them.

Best of luck all.

Welcome to the forum - keep us updated on your journey!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.