Open days

ellabasing

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2023
Hi! I am currently submitting applications for Summer Vacation Schemes and a few of them ask you to talk about any Open Days or events that you attended, but as someone who goes to university in the US and therefore, is out of the UK the majority of the time, I haven't been able to go to any either in person and/or online. What do I write in the section where it asks me to talk about events/open days I haven't attended? I am slightly worried this will hurt my application, but not entirely sure what I can do at this point.

Would really appreciate any advice!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! I am currently submitting applications for Summer Vacation Schemes and a few of them ask you to talk about any Open Days or events that you attended, but as someone who goes to university in the US and therefore, is out of the UK the majority of the time, I haven't been able to go to any either in person and/or online. What do I write in the section where it asks me to talk about events/open days I haven't attended? I am slightly worried this will hurt my application, but not entirely sure what I can do at this point.

Would really appreciate any advice!
Maybe consider doing 1 or 2 of the virtual work experience programmes instead of you have not done so already. They are done in your own time and could be listed in this type of question as an alternative.

Sometimes firms record webinars/seminars too, so you could always cite those you have watched a recording of rather than attended live.

If you have attended any events in the US, then you could also list them if you think they have helped you direct you to opportunities in the U.K.

ellabasing

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2023
Maybe consider doing 1 or 2 of the virtual work experience programmes instead of you have not done so already. They are done in your own time and could be listed in this type of question as an alternative.

Sometimes firms record webinars/seminars too, so you could always cite those you have watched a recording of rather than attended live.

If you have attended any events in the US, then you could also list them if you think they have helped you direct you to opportunities in the U.K.
Thank you so much!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.