Positive thoughts only

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Great thread topic! Really could do with this at the moment.

Will kick it off by putting down some quotes which I think are quite relevant for the process/applications. (Will be impressed if anyone guesses where they’re from lol).

1. Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside you no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first.

2. Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves they’re gona tell you can’t do it. You want something. Go get it. Period.

3. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Great thread topic! Really could do with this at the moment.

Will kick it off by putting down some quotes which I think are quite relevant for the process/applications. (Will be impressed if anyone guesses where they’re from lol).

1. Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside you no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first.

2. Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves they’re gonna tell you can’t do it. You want something. Go get it. Period.

3. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that.

Hadn't heard number 1 but 2 is Will Smith in the Pursuit of Happiness when talking to his son Jayden and 3 is Silvester Stalone in Rocky Balboa

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Thought I would give this a bump, as I could really use some more inspiration and motivation at the movement.

How has everyone been staying positive and pushed on with applications and their work load?

• 🏆
    Reactions: P. Dybala

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Thought I would give this a bump, as I could really use some more inspiration and motivation at the movement.

How has everyone been staying positive and pushed on with applications and their work load?
    I am glad you have brought this to the fore. We all need to keep upbeat and I know this forum helps us all so much. I have come to the end of the winter cycle with no VS although have one still in the bag that I am interviewing for in January. It’s deflating but you have to keep motivated and I decided to attend a number of insight evenings and open days to broaden my reach which has been a positive step. More importantly I have finally secured a job which I hope will help with future apps and give me that all important experience to discuss at interview. I am determined to nail this however long it takes as it is what I really want to do. I know most of us here feel the same and I wish everyone success. It’s down to self belief, motivation and determination. Keep going as we will get there.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.