pre employment checks for VS/TC

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Will they contact every company on your CV, or just a few of them? I worked at a organization where they probably don't remember me. Is this a problem even when all the other companies on my CV will confirm that I worked for them?
Everyone within a fixed period of time - could be as little as the last three years, could be as most as the last ten years.

If you were employed by them, they will have a record of you being there.

SF1234

Distinguished Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hi, was just wondering to what extent the checks for a TC go? Would they just seek to confirm with a company that you did work experience there and what the dates were, or would they verify the actual work that you did?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, was just wondering to what extent the checks for a TC go? Would they just seek to confirm with a company that you did work experience there and what the dates were, or would they verify the actual work that you did?
Firms can ask for qualitative detail, but it’s rarely about the work you did, more about your character.

Just because a firm requests it, doesn’t mean an employer will provide the detail though. Many organisations will only provide a standard reference (dates, job title).

Reactions: SF1234