Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, I recently applied to a firm w AAB requirements. I put down my 3 alevel grades and progressed to the final stage. However I have taken 4 A-levels and didn't include the 4th one (that was a C)
Will I be penalized for this if i have included my top 3 alevels only?
It depends on the wording on the application and whether they explicitly asked for all qualifications.

If not, then it’s unlikely you will be penalised if your four A-levels were all sat in the same year.

happygoluckyyy

• Nov 6, 2020
    It depends on the wording on the application and whether they explicitly asked for all qualifications.

If not, then it’s unlikely you will be penalised if your four A-levels were all sat in the same year.
    Yup sat them all together. I didnt include the 4th A-level as I didn't want that to affect my application if I had those 3 alevels. The form just said to include your alevel grades and any resits (I have no resits) Thanks!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yup sat them all together. I didnt include the 4th A-level as I didn't want that to affect my application if I had those 3 alevels. The form just said to include your alevel grades and any resits (I have no resits) Thanks!!
    You ultimately should have included it - the firm would have actually given you more credit for doing 4 qualifications at the same time rather than 3.

The firm will be somewhat disappointed you didn’t include it but I doubt it will lead to an offer being retracted.

divaination

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 31, 2022
    hi Jessica, just wanted to ask a quick question. I put a legal volunteering experience as Mar 2020- Aug 2020 when I have email receipts from Jun 2020 to end of Sept 2020. I'm not sure as to when I actually started it since it was a long time ago during COVID and I lost access to my college's email account to have receipts from Mar - May 2020 (the email I have starting from June was only teams link so no confirmation of actual start date) if I am asked to do an employment check, how would I go about clarifying this and would this look sus to the verification company?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    hi Jessica, just wanted to ask a quick question. I put a legal volunteering experience as Mar 2020- Aug 2020 when I have email receipts from Jun 2020 to end of Sept 2020. I'm not sure as to when I actually started it since it was a long time ago during COVID and I lost access to my college's email account to have receipts from Mar - May 2020 (the email I have starting from June was only teams link so no confirmation of actual start date) if I am asked to do an employment check, how would I go about clarifying this and would this look sus to the verification company?
    Have you secured a role with this information?

divaination

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 31, 2022
    Have you secured a role with this information?
    Yes i have but it's just a vs , if it turns into a tc then probably they will ask to do a check
    the issue is i know i started it earlier sometime between Mar - May, and the placement ended later than what i put down. i wont do it again but i am not sure how to proceed with this info

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yes i have but it's just a vs , if it turns into a tc then probably they will ask to do a check
    the issue is i know i started it earlier sometime between Mar - May, and the placement ended later than what i put down. i wont do it again but i am not sure how to proceed with this info
    I’ll be honest about this - not knowing when something started or ended is not ideal. You would need to explain to the verification process people why you put down the dates you did if you weren’t sure which dates they were and why both the start and end date were incorrect. You would also need to be sure what start and end dates actually were by the time you had this conversation.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.