Private equity resources

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Could anyone recommend some newsletters/websites for all things private equity related?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Frank

Valued Member
    Dec 12, 2018
    I did PE during my Corporate Finance classes. Though the internet is full of resources, I strongly recommend a chapter in a book. It has about 20 pages (well, the chapter has 50, but 20 are essential) - if you still have your uni account, I think you can download it. Drop me a line in private and will send you the book's details once I get back home later tonight.

Although the last thing I'd do is to recommend going into literature, that chapter is extremely concise and spells out what the main business model is, including the overstated risks associated with PE. IMO this resource is the starting ground to cement your understanding. Then, the internet is useful for keeping abreast with commercial developments e.g. the debt market etc, i.e. the fancy "commercial awareness" term.

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.