bpp lpc electives - private acq., equity, debt finance

m90

Future Trainee
Jul 23, 2021
hello all! chosen to do private acquisitions, debt and equity finance as electives at bpp for the lpc. does anyone have any general tips/advice for any of these? I've heard these electives are much harder than the CPAs from others, so slightly anxious. Any tips/advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
hello all! chosen to do private acquisitions, debt and equity finance as electives at bpp for the lpc. does anyone have any general tips/advice for any of these? I've heard these electives are much harder than the CPAs from others, so slightly anxious. Any tips/advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
Hi @m90! I have not done these electives in my LPC but my best advice to you is-
  • Engage with the jargon- whatever terms you don't understand, clarify with your tutor and start making a bank of them which you refer to every time you see these terms prop up in news or your course reading.
  • Organise your reading- ensure you take really detailed notes in tutorials and tip them into your legacy notes/textbooks. This will ensure you're including the application of your knowledge in your reading materials. If your exams are open book, make sure you tab your notes in an accessible way (labelling them clearly is a must!) so that you can quickly reach into the information you have on hand to write knock-out answers.
  • Practice practice practice!- past paper are your best friends for technical modules. My best recommendation is to attempt a couple of them and book an office hour with your tutor to discuss your approach. This will help you feel more confident during the actual exam itself.

Reactions: m90

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.