Advice on how to tell HR that I only received a PASS on LPC

lawstudent.a

Aug 3, 2023
Hi guys,

I received a 2:1 on my undergrad and recently completed the LPC with a Pass. While going through the program, I discovered that I excelled during seminars and managed to complete tasks ahead of their deadlines, all while working part-time. It was a proud moment for me, as I strived to give my best in every aspect of my studies.

However, I must admit that my performance in the exams did not mirror my efforts. I received grades in the range of 50s and 60s on my core modules and electives, although fortunately, I did not fail any of them. On the other hand, I did achieve higher scores of 80 in SAC and 70 in Wills, despite the fact that they do not carry as much weight in the overall evaluation.

To be completely honest, I am currently disappointed in myself. I wanted to reach out and ask for your guidance regarding a matter that concerns me. I have already secured a TC, which only requires the completion of my LPC. However, I will soon need to submit my final transcript to the firm.

In light of my exam results, I am apprehensive that my TC offer may be reconsidered, given that my grades do not fully reflect my true potential and dedication. I believe that academic performance is only one aspect of an individual's abilities, and I am willing to invest my time and effort into proving myself as a hardworking and committed professional.
I would truly appreciate any advice you may have on how to effectively communicate to the HR team that my grades do not define me as a whole and that I am enthusiastic about making a positive impact within the firm.

Thank you so much!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Your TC is not going to be reconsidered if it only required you to achieve a pass.

I don’t think you need to communicate this at all in all honesty because you have met the firm’s expectations.

lawstudent.a

Aug 3, 2023
Your TC is not going to be reconsidered if it only required you to achieve a pass.

I don’t think you need to communicate this at all in all honesty because you have met the firm’s expectations.
Thank you so much, Jessica! I think I will only say something if questioned but I would not communicate it at all, as you said. I appreciate your response!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.