BPP or University of Law - Moorgate

m_lla

Jun 28, 2022
Hello,

I'm about to start my GDL in September. I've received offers from both University of Law - Moorgate campus and from BPP, and I'm not sure which one to choose. I've heard a number of negative accounts about BPP but it appears to have more practical experience than UoL. What have people's experiences been?

Thank you for any advice!

Best,
Camilla

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I'm about to start my GDL in September. I've received offers from both University of Law - Moorgate campus and from BPP, and I'm not sure which one to choose. I've heard a number of negative accounts about BPP but it appears to have more practical experience than UoL. What have people's experiences been?

Thank you for any advice!

Best,
Camilla
Hi Camilla - are you on a sponsored course or are you self-funding?

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker. Hope you are well. Totally unrelated but I had a question about the PGDL course. Could you please tell me how long it takes the firm to enrol a future trainee into the PGDL at BPP/UoL after receiving the acceptance of the TC from the applicant (particularly if the future trainee is not based out of the UK and is also going to apply for other things like visa etc.)

Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker. Hope you are well. Totally unrelated but I had a question about the PGDL course. Could you please tell me how long it takes the firm to enrol a future trainee into the PGDL at BPP/UoL after receiving the acceptance of the TC from the applicant (particularly if the future trainee is not based out of the UK and is also going to apply for other things like visa etc.)

Thanks.
I don’t know the specifics these days - I haven’t had to enrol someone on the GDL for quite some time. Some of our community might be better placed to answer this though. I’d expect it to be 4-6 weeks though, subject to how long it might take to get a visa sorted in your home country.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
I don’t know the specifics these days - I haven’t had to enrol someone on the GDL for quite some time. Some of our community might be better placed to answer this though. I’d expect it to be 4-6 weeks though, subject to how long it might take to get a visa sorted in your home country.
Thank you so much. Just a follow-up, please? Does one also have to give any exam that tests the applicant's English (IELTS for eg.) to enrol for the PGDL?

Reactions: CamilleL

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much. Just a follow-up, please? Does one also have to give any exam that tests the applicant's English (IELTS for eg.) to enrol for the PGDL?
You’ll need one for a student visa anyway but as I understand it most (possibly all) academic providers will want to see a suitable level of English assessed through a recognised assessment.

Last edited:
  • ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.