Recruitment agencies for paralegal roles

AB

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding paralegal roles advertised through recruitment agencies.

How does it work? It appears that the MC and US firms seem to hire paralegals primarily through recruiters and I just want to understand the process. Does anyone have any experience or success stories?

Also which recruitment agencies are actually legit, I see so many on Linkedin but I am not sure who I can trust.

Reactions: Nicole15

Nicole15

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding paralegal roles advertised through recruitment agencies.

How does it work? It appears that the MC and US firms seem to hire paralegals primarily through recruiters and I just want to understand the process. Does anyone have any experience or success stories?

Also which recruitment agencies are actually legit, I see so many on Linkedin but I am not sure who I can trust.
    Hi!

I understand your sentiments - please feel free to PM! :)

Reactions: AB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello everyone!

Basically, recruitment agencies create a much shorter candidate list for firms to review - makes it much more manageable for firms than dealing with 100s of applicants. The agencies get paid a percentage of your starting salary by the firm (usually 15-20%),

Many firms now have their own recruitment teams and hires these people directly rather than via agencies. It really depends on the nature of the role though - for temp and short-term contracts, they tend to go out to agencies, less so for permanent roles unless they are difficult to fill.

You can search for recruitment agencies here: REC member directory :: The REC - this will give you an indication of recognised agencies (although won't be a comprehensive list). Look at their website to see if they are a member of any recruitment standards if they aren't on this list.

Reactions: AB

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.