Reed Smith LLP Video Interview

caitlinayre

Dec 16, 2021
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for a strengths-based video interview? I progressed to the VI stage for Reed Smith and the website says that their interview is different to competency based and has a lot of questions. If anyone has done this interview in the past and would like to share their experience I would be more than grateful!

Reactions: bibss

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to prepare for a strengths-based video interview? I progressed to the VI stage for Reed Smith and the website says that their interview is different to competency based and has a lot of questions. If anyone has done this interview in the past and would like to share their experience I would be more than grateful!
Hi @caitlinayre,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations for getting advanced to the VI stage! 🚀

I answered a question about this in the Direct TCs thread here. This contains a link to our free question bank as well as to a thread giving advice on strength-based interviews.

Here to answer any follow-ups as always!

Reactions: caitlinayre

Ej1293

Dec 17, 2021
Hi everyone!

Hello, Have you completed the interview ?? If so and you don't mind me asking, how many questions were there and what were they focused on? Good luck btw

Reactions: George Maxwell

hanahana

Dec 18, 2021
Hey, no I've not completed it yet. I'm aiming to do it tomorrow morning
Good luck with yours!
Hello, I have just been sent an invitation link today. If you have done yours how was it? How many questions were there and how long was it?. I am struggling to find any information about it online so I can prepare. I would be ever so grateful if you could share your experience.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hello, I have just been sent an invitation link today. If you have done yours how was it? How many questions were there and how long was it?. I am struggling to find any information about it online so I can prepare. I would be ever so grateful if you could share your experience.
Hey @hanahana I haven't done the Reed Smith VI and don't know how many questions there are or how long it is, but I am including some links below to posts on the forum that go into great detail about video interview preparation. Please feel free to look through these to prepare in case you can't find more pointed information about your Reed Smith VI- wishing you the best! 😇

1. Jaysen's tips- https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Hq7p0rHJK1Hd9VLgl7ay8sEjtLLvJy-/edit
  2. Dheepa's tips- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....nything-new-tcla-team-members.2911/post-46361
  3. Alice's tips- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/video-interviews-tips-and-tricks.2324/

Reactions: George Maxwell

caitlinayre

Dec 16, 2021
Hey! I've not completed it yet, I hope to do it tomorrow morning so sorry I cannot be of more help! But someone mentioned there are around 10ish questions and there is a minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. I hope this helps a bit and good luck!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.