Road to becoming a Corporate Lawyer.

Jalal_777

Nov 16, 2021
Hello generous people, lawyers and not.
I am studying Law LLB and I am 1st year.
I wish to pursue as a Corporate Lawyer, I have learned the key facts and areas of its interest etc merging and business's.

Currently everything is unclear for me,
How do I pursue to this career?
Apparently there is no PLC required anymore, or should I undergo it after my degree?
Also what is the best option after receiving a BA in Law? Should I do Masters or can I just go straight to the corporate path?
Also can I work straight away after leaving University?

I have many questions but these are the most important ones.

Thanks.

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
1st year: Go to open days + build up your extra-curriculars
2nd year: apply for Vacation Schemes + build up your experience
3rd year: apply for Vacation Schemes (if you have not secured any in 2nd year) and apply for Training Contracts (if you have a competitive application)
Graduation: do the LPC (now SQE). Then start your TC.

Masters is not worth the time, effort, and money if you ONLY want to secure a TC. Only do a masters if you are actually interested in it. Do not think that it will make getting a TC substantially easier.

BillieMartin

Mar 25, 2022
In my first year, I would not have made plans for a further career in the field of a lawyer because you still don't know other areas where you might have liked it more. When I entered law college, it was only by the 3rd year that I realized that I wanted to be a car accident lawyer. After all, one day, a lecturer came to us who had been doing this for about 12 years, and I realized that this is who I want to become. Moreover, I found out that my uncle once worked in this company -- https://www.sutliffstout.com/houston-car-accident-lawyer/, and helped many victims of road accidents. I hope I will succeed too, and I wish you good luck in your studying.

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.