Rolling basis: apply early or attend open day first?

Numerius Negidius

Legendary Member
Aug 8, 2020
I'm planning to apply for some firms which recruit on a rolling basis. A number of them offer open days, have campus events, or will be present at law fairs. Should I delay my application until after I've been able to get to know the firm better through these events or should my priority be to get it in ASAP?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just to echo Jess's advice here this was the approach I also took - attend events and then draft the apps. My apps were x10 more tailored and specific as a result of all the great info I gathered at such events so I hope this strategy will work well for you too!

NLaw18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi, I was wondering if there is a previous thread listing firms which recruit on a rolling basis or if anyone has information on firms which recruit on a rolling basis, particularly if DLA Piper and DWF do so?
Thanks a lot!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.