Second year exams - advice!!

americanmonarch

Standard Member
Apr 27, 2022
Hi All,

So, I'm here asking for some advice about how to do well in my exams - I am incredibly stressed.

For context, I am a second-year law student studying at a top RG uni. I've been pretty active with the whole application thing since my first year, so I kinda just kept this up in my second year and have secured four vacation schemes this cycle with big city law firms - alongside being offered a TC by a US law firm.

In my first year of uni, I got a mid-2:1 and exams were 24-hours open book, so it definitely helped with the stress.

This year, I made sure to not apply to a plethora of firms because I didn't want to overwhelm myself so I only chose five. Nonetheless, as most people know this can take up a lot of time due to drafting answers, doing WG's, VI's, AC's etc (and worrying lol). I'm also part of two big societies at uni where I play important roles which took up a lot of my time. So with all this in mind naturally, I have fallen behind on my degree, to the point where I feel like I don't know much. My exams are in just under two months and to add insult to injury, they are timed this year (3 hours for 3 essays), so I am absolutely losing it. I am so stressed out, it's unreal. Not to mention that I'm doing two important modules - contract and constitutional law - and I'm really trying to find the best way to make sure I cover the content enough to get a good grade.

Perhaps you might be thinking that, if I've already managed to secure a TC in my second year, I will definitely do well in my exams but I honestly feel so stressed right now and I don't know what to do. I think that I much prefer the whole working world instead of my degree and I'm worried that I might mess it up this year and lose my TC offer (God forbid).

So I wanted to ask if anyone has felt like this/been in a similar situation and how they dealt with it. Any advice/tips/strategies/methods will be greatly appreciated because I really need it!

Thank you :)

• 🏆
Reactions: Cryingtiger and Ali A

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.