Slaughter and May VS 2021/TC 2023 application

@k

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,

I submitted my application for the 2021 summer vacation scheme at Slaughter and May around a month ago but haven't heard back since. Is there anyone who received a response from the firm already or knows when we are supposed to hear back regarding the outcome?

Thank you!

Nat000

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 14, 2020
    Hi,

I submitted my application for the 2021 summer vacation scheme at Slaughter and May around a month ago but haven't heard back since. Is there anyone who received a response from the firm already or knows when we are supposed to hear back regarding the outcome?

Thank you!

They take a while. Last year I applied in October, two days after applications opened, and didn't hear back until I think January!

Emily77

Aug 25, 2020
    Hey, I was invited to an interview on Saturday - I applied on the 9th October for non-law TC. Hope this helps and good luck with your application!!!

Congrats on your interview!! and good luck, hope it goes well!

Did you choose your interview date or have they given you one? How much notice were you given? Thanks!! :)

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    Congrats on your interview!! and good luck, hope it goes well!

Did you choose your interview date or have they given you one? How much notice were you given? Thanks!! :)
    Hey! They've given me a weeks notice and 4 slots over 4 days. I can't make the interview as I'm on a vacation scheme so hopefully they're flexible in rearranging....

Reactions: Alice G

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    Hello all! Thought I'd share this info since it's v useful. I couldn't make any interview dates for the rest of 2020 because I'm on a vacation scheme, so I emailed Slaughters about rearranging my timetable. They emailed me back saying they're taking a break from interviewing and will not start again for TCs until Mid-February. So could be a while before hear back for the next batch! Hope this helps

• ℹ️
    • 🏆
    Reactions: AW_08, Jaysen, 202023r and 3 others

Jony

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    Hello all! Thought I'd share this info since it's v useful. I couldn't make any interview dates for the rest of 2020 because I'm on a vacation scheme, so I emailed Slaughters about rearranging my timetable. They emailed me back saying they're taking a break from interviewing and will not start again for TCs until Mid-February. So could be a while before hear back for the next batch! Hope this helps

Super helpful man, thanks. I saw some folks on linkedin grab the role already, so I assume they're the first batch of interviewees!

Reactions: lawyermeup

@k

Aug 1, 2020
    Hi guys!

Just to let you know, I received an interview invitation for the summer vacation scheme today! I think they are now moving on from the winter workshop applications and summer scheme applicants should hear back soon.

Reactions: vikbogat

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019

Greaaat! Thanks for sharing!!! All the best!!

• 🤝
    • 📥
    Reactions: Kola and lawyermeup

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018

Do you know if they are not processing the TC applications at all or are they just not interviewing till then? Hopefully, it's the latter!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.