Slaughter and May VS 2021/TC 2023 application

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Anyone who interviewed with Slaughters already heard back? Interviewed on Monday 14th but waiting to hear back - is there a 'normal' response time for successful/unsuccessful candidates?
I interviewed a couple of years back now but it took around 2 weeks then - given the pandemic and the Christmas period it is hard to say when it might be but trust you tried your best and the Slaughters interview can be tough so well done and I am keeping everything crossed for you.

bsh

Aug 6, 2020
I interviewed a couple of years back now but it took around 2 weeks then - given the pandemic and the Christmas period it is hard to say when it might be but trust you tried your best and the Slaughters interview can be tough so well done and I am keeping everything crossed for you.
Was this for an offer if you don't mind me asking?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Was this for an offer if you don't mind me asking?
I don’t mind one bit! I was rejected post interview. I knew someone who interviewed the same day as me who did hear back sooner than I did but I also know successful candidates who waited the same timeframe as me, if not a bit longer. Things may be different but at least when I interviewed I got the impression there wasn’t too much of a fixed timeframe to hear back and I wouldn’t worry or try to read too much into the time taken (though appreciate that’s never easy).

bsh

Aug 6, 2020
I don’t mind one bit! I was rejected post interview. I knew someone who interviewed the same day as me who did hear back sooner than I did but I also know successful candidates who waited the same timeframe as me, if not a bit longer. Things may be different but at least when I interviewed I got the impression there wasn’t too much of a fixed timeframe to hear back and I wouldn’t worry or try to read too much into the time taken (though appreciate that’s never easy).
Thank you... yes, I am trying not to read too much into it! You are probably right.

Donzi

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hey guys, I made such a stupid mistake - I submitted a covering letter to S&M which contained one word in a different font colour. Is this going to affect my prospects of succeeding? I feel so stupid!

Nat000

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 14, 2020
    Anyone who interviewed with Slaughters already heard back? Interviewed on Monday 14th but waiting to hear back - is there a 'normal' response time for successful/unsuccessful candidates?

I interviewed last year, heard back in about two weeks as well! Wishing you luck :)

Nat000

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
  • Feb 14, 2020
    Hey guys, I made such a stupid mistake - I submitted a covering letter to S&M which contained one word in a different font colour. Is this going to affect my prospects of succeeding? I feel so stupid!

I seriously doubt that issue is big enough for them to base their decision on you around it

Reactions: Donzi

@k

Aug 1, 2020
    I interviewed last year, heard back in about two weeks as well! Wishing you luck :)
    Hi Nat! I was wondering if you could give us any tips on how to best prepare for an interview? I have mine on the 18th Jan and don’t really know what I should do in advance for the commercial awareness part. Also in your experience are they more focused on motivational or competency based questions on the day? Thanks!

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    Hi Nat! I was wondering if you could give us any tips on how to best prepare for an interview? I have mine on the 18th Jan and don’t really know what I should do in advance for the commercial awareness part. Also in your experience are they more focused on motivational or competency based questions on the day? Thanks!

hey congrats on the interview invite! do you mind me asking if this is for vac scheme or direct tc? x

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.