Slaughter and May VS 2021/TC 2023 application

Laksha

Standard Member
Feb 13, 2020
Good luck for all applying. Slaughters is a great firm. If you do get on the scheme, make sure you don't get taken in by the graduate recruitment spiel. Make sure you could really see yourself working somewhere with a culture like Slaughters. If you do, then that's wonderful!
Another point to make, is that the firm will make a big play about how you should pick them over US/magic circle/more elite firms, because they do interesting work and have a better work life balance. Yes they do interesting work, but there are so many trainees you may not get to do anything on those cases. Secondly, the working hours are no better than other firms that pay £120/130/140k NQ.

As with all recruiting events. Take everything with a pinch of salt, and check out other options before making your decisions .

Etudierlaw2022

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 10, 2021
Oops I didn't realise you had to be a penultimate undergrad to apply to slaughter's easter scheme... They encouraged me to apply for the direct tc, but I feel so silly for having made that mistake!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.