• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Slaughter & May CV

jannahh123

New Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2025
1
2
Hi all,

I have a few questions about Slaughter & May's CV for the Summer Work Experience programme and would appreciate it if anyone could help answer them.

  1. Is there a recommended/preferred structure for Slaughter & May's CV?
  2. Is it encouraged to have a single-sided CV or 2 sides?
  3. Do I list the names of each module when I specify the grade I achieved or can I just list the grades?
  4. Should I separate my legal and non-legal work experience?
  5. Is it enough to list my extracurriculars and hobbies briefly or should I go into detail?
Thank you!
 
Hi! I applied and received the Summer Work Experience Scheme last year, here are my takes on your question.

1. There isn't an official recommended structure, however the firm does have some tips on their website, including I believe a video about the CV there too.

2. I personally did 2 pages, that is quite standard for legal CVs. However, I guess it depends on how much experience you have.

3. I personally listed out each module, however usually an average of the year with notable module grades is usually acceptable too. This is particularly the case if there is a separate Education section of the application.

4. I would, this is quite standard for legal CVs. If you have legal work experience, I would include it above the standard section.

5. Yes it is enough, however my question would be whether you would like it to be that way. If you feel like they exhibit particular qualities or skills, you definitely can go into further detail.

Hopefully this was helpful :)!
 
  • Like
Reactions: jannahh123

Find member