• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Trying My Luck with UK Vacation Schemes, Am I Being Naive?

Krupa

New Member
Sep 29, 2026
2
1
Hi y’all! I’m new here, so thought I’d introduce myself!!!

I’m a penultimate-year law student in India, and a DAAD scholar. I’ve also received scholarships to attend law programmes at two different German universities.

I’m now looking at UK vacation schemes and wondering if I’m being overly ambitious as an international student lol.

Would love to hear from anyone who’s applied from outside the UK, especially from India, and any advice on navigating the process!

Nice to meet you all!
 
  • 🏆
Reactions: Antoni Trochimowicz
Hi!! Welcome to TCLA :)

Congratulations on those achievements, I'm sure you are not being overly ambitious! I personally haven't applied internationally but I have seen many people succeed. I'm always here if you have any questions.

If I was to share a piece of advice, I would try to narrow down the general desires you have in a firm. Knowing what you are looking for, even broadly, would help you narrow down the list and therefore create much better tailored applications. But, I know this can be quite difficult. As such, I would apply/register to any potential event there is, online or otherwise.

Hopefully this helps !!
 

Find member