Slaughter & May Winter workshop

Mxkry

Legendary Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi all also waiting to hear back! I was just wondering what everyone was thinking re. the deadline for SM TC apps and the dates of the workshop? If you get on the workshop are you planning on submitting a TC application just before the deadline to include things from the workshop? Their TC deadline is 11 December and workshop 15-17 I think, so not sure how best to work around that! Best of luck to everyone xx

Does the winter workshop not give you any advantage on application for the training contract?

RubySmithers

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Not necessarily, but it does give you somewhat of an advantage, particularly at the interview stage. I spoke to a trainee at Slaughters, who said she was able to substantiate her interest in Slaughters by talking about the workshop during her interview, and this had given her an advantage over other candidates.

Reactions: Mxkry

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Not necessarily, but it does give you somewhat of an advantage, particularly at the interview stage. I spoke to a trainee at Slaughters, who said she was able to substantiate her interest in Slaughters by talking about the workshop during her interview, and this had given her an advantage over other candidates.
    Well if so I would talk about my application for the workshop... still proves that I’m interested in the firm! :D

RubySmithers

Star Member
    Jun 25, 2020
    Well if so I would talk about my application for the workshop... still proves that I’m interested in the firm! :D

Definitely - We don't know why we get rejected most of the time as most firms don't provide feedback, so don't assume that it holds much weight going forward. I failed to get any AC's from regional firms last year, but I landed a vac scheme at a silver circle firm. Keep going strong!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Staples

Samantha

Legendary Member
    Nov 18, 2020
    Definitely - We don't know why we get rejected most of the time as most firms don't provide feedback, so don't assume that it holds much weight going forward. I failed to get any AC's from regional firms last year, but I landed a vac scheme at a silver circle firm. Keep going strong!

Do you think slaughter cares about uni that much

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.