Sayeema_k

May 18, 2023
Hello,

I’d greatly appreciate it if anyone could let me know of any firms (law or non-law in-house) in the UK that will hire a paralegal and provide visa sponsorship. I know this is not common, but I might as well push my luck and ask.

** At one point during my LPC last year, I was extremely ill and hospitalised with covid. I missed my exams because of this and then was no longer qualified to apply for the grad route visa. As I do not have this visa, my work opportunities in the UK have suddenly narrowed down to next to nothing and training contracts aren’t so easy to come by.

So anyone that is able to help or provide advice in anyway, I greatly appreciate it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I’d greatly appreciate it if anyone could let me know of any firms (law or non-law in-house) in the UK that will hire a paralegal and provide visa sponsorship. I know this is not common, but I might as well push my luck and ask.

** At one point during my LPC last year, I was extremely ill and hospitalised with covid. I missed my exams because of this and then was no longer qualified to apply for the grad route visa. As I do not have this visa, my work opportunities in the UK have suddenly narrowed down to next to nothing and training contracts aren’t so easy to come by.

So anyone that is able to help or provide advice in anyway, I greatly appreciate it.
Paralegal sponsorship is exceptionally difficult to obtain.

Many paralegal roles will not meet the requirements of the visa conditions.

Those that do, can often be filled by UK talent, and given how high attrition rates are with paralegals, few firms will consider sponsoring a paralegal because of the risk of not getting the costs back.

I would try to seek out opportunities that leverage your language skills. If you have fluency of an in-demand language, like Russian or Mandarin, you may find roles that can sponsor you as they are less likely to be able to fill them from U.K.talent pools (although sometimes just fill them with international graduates on the post-graduate visa).

Reactions: Sayeema_k

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.