Starting to draft your first applications of this cycle? Let me help you get a head start.

Erin

Legendary Member
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Operations
Jul 13, 2022
Hi everyone, it's Erin here! 👋

You may recognise my name from our weekly newsletters, but if not, hello! It's lovely to virtually meet you. 😊

I wanted to jump into the forum and check in - how are you feeling ahead of this cycle?

With firms beginning to open their applications for their winter vacation schemes this week, I know a lot of you will be starting to draft your first applications of the year. With so many different firms out there, all with different cultures and values, it can be difficult to know where to start.

To give you a starting point, I wanted to share some of the most useful resources that we have available on the TCLA Premium platform, taking you right through from deciding which firms to apply for, to providing you with feedback once you have finished your application.

First up, we have one of our most popular courses:

"Write Law Firm Applications that Lead to Interviews"​

We'll help you make a start, with:

⭐️
An explanation of the application cycle timeline itself; and

⭐️Guidance on how to choose the right firm for you.

Take a deep dive into:

⭐️How best to tackle motivational, competency and commercial-based questions.

⭐️Advice on how to sell your experiences, and present the best version of yourself through your writing.

⭐️How to draft your work experience section, as well as the ‘other section’ information effectively.

Further your knowledge through:

⭐️An examination of real application questions for the top City law firms, dissecting ‘good’ and ‘bad’ application answers.

⭐️An in-depth look at the most common mistakes candidates make when writing applications.

Alongside the written resources, here's a teaser of the hours of informative videos within the course:

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 14.18.45.png

By the end of this course, our aim is for you to come away with the tools to write in the top 1% of applications.

Looking for inspiration? We've got you.

As part of our TCLA Premium Membership, you have access to our Application Database:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 16.22.26.png

You may have seen this on the left hand side of the forum before and wondered what it is...

Here, you can find hundreds of successful applications and cover letters, submitted by our community members, to help you draw inspiration for when you are writing your own applications to law firms.

These are organised by firm, date of submission and the position applied for, so that you can find examples from your favourite firms with ease.

Finished writing and seeking feedback? We can help.

Once you have written your application, send it over to us and we will provide you with detailed, line-by-line comments, and feedback on areas for improvement.

TCLA Premium Gold Members receive one, free application review per month.

Rather than me explaining how this will improve your writing skills, I will let our testimonials speak for themselves:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 13.19.29.png

📢 To gain access to all of the above resources, sign up to TCLA Premium Gold today via this link for 15% off your first month.

I hope you have found this useful! 😊

If you have any questions, or thoughts on something that we don't currently have on the platform that would be valuable to you for your application writing, feel free to let me know in this thread!

Best of luck this cycle!

Erin ⭐️

Erin

Legendary Member
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Operations
Jul 13, 2022
Hi @AnnieA, I have just approved your request so you will now have access to all of the resources included in your premium membership. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need anything at all. :)

Reactions: AnnieA

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.