Taylor Wessing Application

Jamilaalixx

Dec 1, 2023
In the process of doing Taylor Wessing's VS application and I am completely lost at the following question:

"What motivates you for a career in Law at Taylor Wessing and what key skills would you bring?"

It's standard enough and know what I would put but they've only given 1000 characters or less for this (for my other answer, this was 165 words). How am I meant to write something substantial with that word count?

On another note, how would you approach structuring this question? Doing one paragraph for why Taylor Wessing and another on skills? Or try and integrate skills seamlessly when expressing motivation?

Thanks!
Hi, I am assuming you have submitted your application by now and wanted to check is a cv/ cover letter necessary for the vc application.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Has anyone else completed the online assessment yet? I have until Friday to complete it and wondered if anyone had any tips/practice links (other than the short one already provided?) Thank you!

ojhsf2000

Dec 5, 2023
Have a look at the following link for a mini practice test:

https://www.testpartnership.com/free/critical/1/

Instead of only having the typical “Strong argument” or “Weak argument” as answers, they have:
  • Very Strong Argument
  • Strong Argument
  • Fairly Strong Argument
  • Fairly Weak Argument
  • Weak Argument
  • Very Weak Argument
Hope that helps!
Hey, thanks for this! Was this the key formatting difference than with standard WG tests? :)

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I just completed the online test and did anyone else find it weird? Like I found it harder than the standard Watson Glaser and many of the questions were number heavy. The "fairly strong/weak" part threw me off as well. Can't say I'm particularly confident now :( How did everyone else find it?

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2023
I just completed the online test and did anyone else find it weird? Like I found it harder than the standard Watson Glaser and many of the questions were number heavy. The "fairly strong/weak" part threw me off as well. Can't say I'm particularly confident now :( How did everyone else find it?
I thought it was awful too. Have very little confidence icl

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
No I haven’t, was wondering if they asked everyone at once tho and maybe to presume PFO. I applied the day before deadline
I applied on 8 November and received a test invite on 29 November, so wouldn’t lose hope yet as still took 3 weeks for it to come through after applying.

However, it does say they “will be in touch should you be successfully shortlisted”, so it may unfortunately be the case that it’s one of those firms where they only let you know if you’re successful and silence is a PFO.

Reactions: Fd321

Fd321

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Mar 3, 2023
I applied on 8 November and received a test invite on 29 November, so wouldn’t lose hope yet as still took 3 weeks for it to come through after applying.

However, it does say they “will be in touch should you be successfully shortlisted”, so it may unfortunately be the case that it’s one of those firms where they only let you know if you’re successful and silence is a PFO.
Yea, thanks. Only time will tell I guess 😊😊

Reactions: laby201

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
Dec 21, 2023
same omg kept thinking why is there maths, haven't done this since gcse lmao

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
The ACs are between Jan and March. Is it on a first-come, first-serve basis if we receive an invite?
Honestly not sure as it appears very up in the air right now. They are rolling and the tests seem to have been carried out across November and December but not sure how ACs are distributed. I’d guess so but reckon we hear soon enough 🤞

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.