Taylor Wessing Application

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
In the process of doing Taylor Wessing's VS application and I am completely lost at the following question:

"What motivates you for a career in Law at Taylor Wessing and what key skills would you bring?"

It's standard enough and know what I would put but they've only given 1000 characters or less for this (for my other answer, this was 165 words). How am I meant to write something substantial with that word count?

On another note, how would you approach structuring this question? Doing one paragraph for why Taylor Wessing and another on skills? Or try and integrate skills seamlessly when expressing motivation?

Thanks!

TakeAChanceOnMe

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 4, 2023
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your query - but does anyone know whether the character limit includes spaces? PRAYING not.

I hate to email them to ask, it is such a silly question.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your query - but does anyone know whether the character limit includes spaces? PRAYING not.

I hate to email them to ask, it is such a silly question.
Usually will include spaces as the software doesn’t distinguish between a space and a character.

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2023
In the process of doing Taylor Wessing's VS application and I am completely lost at the following question:

"What motivates you for a career in Law at Taylor Wessing and what key skills would you bring?"

It's standard enough and know what I would put but they've only given 1000 characters or less for this (for my other answer, this was 165 words). How am I meant to write something substantial with that word count?

On another note, how would you approach structuring this question? Doing one paragraph for why Taylor Wessing and another on skills? Or try and integrate skills seamlessly when expressing motivation?

Thanks!
Hey I got through the first stage of TW this year. I wrote about half half for each part, but nothing overly detailed. I spoke about how they advise lots of start ups and that they’ve embraced innovation, gave an example of a deal they did, and explained why both these factors will help me as a trainee, but really concisely.

For the second part, I discussed three skills, but again, very briefly. Eg. I developed X skill by working at X, where I improved X process by X% to streamline my role.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hey I got through the first stage of TW this year. I wrote about half half for each part, but nothing overly detailed. I spoke about how they advise lots of start ups and that they’ve embraced innovation, gave an example of a deal they did, and explained why both these factors will help me as a trainee, but really concisely.

For the second part, I discussed three skills, but again, very briefly. Eg. I developed X skill by working at X, where I improved X process by X% to streamline my role.
Thanks for the advice and for getting through the first stage! How long did it take you to hear back after sending off your application if you don't mind me asking?

TakeAChanceOnMe

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 4, 2023
Yes it does unfortunately. I didn’t like doing their app but i guess they wanna see how concise you can be 🤣
Thank you for this.

Question: Taylor Wessing's website has a video emphasising the need to prepare for any online tests or assessments. Yet I can't find anything about the test they administer, other than in the forums here.

I only know, therefore, that TW requires some sort of 'online games assessment.' Does anyone have knowledge of what this entails or how to prepare for it?

yeaheun0830

Sep 24, 2023

Can you please give some advice in answering the second question as well?- 'Taylor Wessing has its core values (Excellence, Creativity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Integrity and Respect). Tell us, through an example, how you have displayed one of these.'

Congratulations on passing the first round!

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
Hi! How do you mean a different format? Thanks!
Have a look at the following link for a mini practice test:

https://www.testpartnership.com/free/critical/1/

Instead of only having the typical “Strong argument” or “Weak argument” as answers, they have:
  • Very Strong Argument
  • Strong Argument
  • Fairly Strong Argument
  • Fairly Weak Argument
  • Weak Argument
  • Very Weak Argument
Hope that helps!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.