TC Application Writing Group

Alison C

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    Alright friends, just a heads up, we will likely be meeting virtually on Friday evening or Saturday. Just trying to sort some things out, but keep your eyes peeled! Will send a zoom link to each of you :)
    Hi @Adrian_S, and @S87, this is a really great initiative. I'd be up for taking part too, depending on the timing.

In case anyone is interested, Idin from Little Law has been running Saturday 11-1 'FlowHuddle' sessions, where just a small group of people turn up, state an aim for the two hours and then belt on with it (with a 10 min break in the middle). Obviously, it's been and gone for today but this was the invite:

Hey everyone!

Our community has grown a little bigger and we're now sitting at 21 "FlowHuddlers" (that name is growing on me - what do you think?). We've now got our first member from across the Atlantic too!

I'm thinking of creating a forum or online community space of sorts so we can speak during the week. Maybe a place to share challenges, ideas or resources to stay focused when doing work.

Here's the link to this week's FlowHuddle session as well as a button so you can add is straight to your calendar. 👇 [I'VE PUT THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM]

The structure of the session is...

• 11:00 - A quick kick-off chat to see what we're all going to work on
    • 11:10 - 50 minute deep work session #1
    • 12:00 - We’ll have a break for 10 minutes (you can either leave the room or stay and chat)
    • 12:10 - 50 minute deep work session #2
    • 1pm - 5 minute check-in and, after that, you can get back to your weekend!
    So, in summary, 2 x 50 minute working sessions (with a break in the middle).
    As always, forward this email to any friends, housemates or colleagues. I'm always looking to grow this community so if you have any ideas for how best to spread the word, let me know.

Hope to see you on Saturday!

Idin

This is the Zoom link, which I think is the same each week? Otherwise, you could try emailing [email protected]

I'm wondering if there is some benefit in, eg having a planning meeting with your group and then doing some work with Idin's group? I've found it certainly helps me to focus.

TIA....

Last edited:

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Hi friends, I’m really sorry about the delay in this. A family member suddenly passed away on Thursday and I’ve been a bit of a mess since. I’m still planning having a meeting at some point before April 5th. Will send an update later tonight.

• 🤝
    Reactions: S87

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi friends, I’m really sorry about the delay in this. A family member suddenly passed away on Thursday and I’ve been a bit of a mess since. I’m still planning having a meeting at some point before April 5th. Will send an update later tonight.
    @Adrian_S I am incredibly sorry to hear this and I know that all of the TCLA team offers our support if you need it. Please do let us know if you need advice on anything during this period or simply need to talk.

I wish you the best for what I am sure is a challenging time 🤝

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Hi all,

Just sending out zoom links privately to everyone who has expressed interest. Posting zoom details here just in case there's anyone else who hasn't expressed interest, but nevertheless wants to join.

The meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, 04 April 2022, between 6 pm - 8 pm (BST). I don't think the meeting will actually take 2 hours, but I've put aside ample time so that we don't feel any pressure to rush through our discussion (I anticipate it'll go for about 1 hour). Also, this is just a preliminary chat to set out the remaining Direct TC deadlines, to say a bit more about how the writing group will be structured, and to hear any ideas you might have in mind. Come one, come all!

Last edited:

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    @Adrian_S I am sorry to hear this. As James said, please do reach out if I or the TCLA team can do anything.

I might even make an appearance tomorrow! We will have to see. If not I hope that the first call goes well.

Please do let us know (you could even take a screenshot of everyone on there if you felt like it!) 🚀.

I am genuinely delighted to see such a positive community initiative coming to fruition!

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi @Adrian_S, and @S87, this is a really great initiative. I'd be up for taking part too, depending on the timing.

In case anyone is interested, Idin from Little Law has been running Saturday 11-1 'FlowHuddle' sessions, where just a small group of people turn up, state an aim for the two hours and then belt on with it (with a 10 min break in the middle). Obviously, it's been and gone for today but this was the invite:

Hey everyone!

Our community has grown a little bigger and we're now sitting at 21 "FlowHuddlers" (that name is growing on me - what do you think?). We've now got our first member from across the Atlantic too!

I'm thinking of creating a forum or online community space of sorts so we can speak during the week. Maybe a place to share challenges, ideas or resources to stay focused when doing work.

Here's the link to this week's FlowHuddle session as well as a button so you can add is straight to your calendar. 👇 [I'VE PUT THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM]

• 12:00 - We’ll have a break for 10 minutes (you can either leave the room or stay and chat)
    So, in summary, 2 x 50 minute working sessions (with a break in the middle).
    As always, forward this email to any friends, housemates or colleagues. I'm always looking to grow this community so if you have any ideas for how best to spread the word, let me know.

Idin

This is the Zoom link, which I think is the same each week? Otherwise, you could try emailing [email protected]

I'm wondering if there is some benefit in, eg having a planning meeting with your group and then doing some work with Idin's group? I've found it certainly helps me to focus.

TIA....
    I like this PM me and we can discuss further

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    @Adrian_S how did the first session go? Sorry not to have made it in the end!
    It was really well-run by @Adrian_S in spite of life pressures. There is now a private chat ongoing where there will be some more activity. The thoughts are to split into subgroups and start being accountable, sending drafts between participants. No reason you can't be added but it's probably not so relevant at the moment. Thanks for checking in!

Alison C

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Nov 27, 2019
    I won't spam everyone with reminders about the Saturday FlowHuddle but this is the email re tomorrow (Saturday) if anyone fancies. And, btw, you can do ANYTHING in the two hours, no need for it to be related to law/careers/applications etc.

I will be there, barring unforeseen events of any kind... !

Cut down your April to-do list 📅​

Hey everyone!

We had a great session last week which I hosted from my friend's house in Manchester.

I'm back in London this weekend, so back to my usual FlowHuddle setup (with the kitchen background).

Anyway, we managed to get a little shoutout this week in the Indie London newsletter, an organisation that focuses on new independent startups and communities.

I thought that was a cool thing to see!

Anyway, here's the link to this week's FlowHuddle session as well as the button to add it straight to your calendar. 👇

...or add the event to calendar​

Apple Google Office 365 Outlook Outlook.com Yahoo
    So, in summary, 2 x 50 minute working sessions(with a break in the middle).

Idin

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    It was really well-run by @Adrian_S in spite of life pressures. There is now a private chat ongoing where there will be some more activity. The thoughts are to split into subgroups and start being accountable, sending drafts between participants. No reason you can't be added but it's probably not so relevant at the moment. Thanks for checking in!
    That's great news! I think you are right about it perhaps being less relevant for me given that I will not be writing applications. That being said, FlowHuddle is a fantastic concept. I have signed up and hope to attend a session soon :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.