TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
After four cycles, recieved a TC offer from AG! Cannot believe it 😭😭. It only takes one!
Congratulations and well done!

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Holly

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    If I received a TC offer yesterday, have until next Tuesday to accept and just had a diff AC yesterday too (with Firm 2), should I call Firm 2 and tell them that I need an answer? Bearing in mind Firm 2 said they would get back to me 'mid next week'. What's the best thing to do in this situ please? @Jessica Booker any idea, please?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If I received a TC offer yesterday, have until next Tuesday to accept and just had a diff AC yesterday too (with Firm 2), should I call Firm 2 and tell them that I need an answer? Bearing in mind Firm 2 said they would get back to me 'mid next week'. What's the best thing to do in this situ please? @Jessica Booker any idea, please?
    I’d probably phrase it a little softer than you needing an answer. Give them a call, explain you have an offer and say you were calling to see if there was any possibility you could get an update by either Friday or Monday as that could help you make decision ahead of Tuesday.

edkett

Aug 20, 2021
    Ah sorry to hear this! If you don’t mind me asking, was this after the partner & HR interviews or after your assessment day?
    Didn't get to either stage, they were obviously following a reject by ignoring people strategy. Had an AC at Forsters and still heard nothing about that, even though grad rec said we would hear last week on the day

Reactions: ellwilsen

ArashSh

Standard Member
    Jul 26, 2021
    Anyone heard from Orrick?
    Saw someone here saying he's received PFO from them beginning of Aug but I haven't heard back post app. Their recruitment brochure says they offer training contracts by the end of Aug so don't know why we haven't received anything. I emailed them yesterday and will keep you posted here once I get a response. I'm in the same position with BCLP, Ashurst, GD, and Akin Gump as well. Guess we should just assume rejection and proceed with the next cycle of apps that are opening.
    Would be great to have insights from any veteran members here if it actually means anything not even getting a rejection email :)

Reactions: layk

layk

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Saw someone here saying he's received PFO from them beginning of Aug but I haven't heard back post app. Their recruitment brochure says they offer training contracts by the end of Aug so don't know why we haven't received anything. I emailed them yesterday and will keep you posted here once I get a response. I'm in the same position with BCLP, Ashurst, GD, and Akin Gump as well. Guess we should just assume rejection and proceed with the next cycle of apps that are opening.
    Would be great to have insights from any veteran members here if it actually means anything not even getting a rejection email :)
    Thank you - that'd be so helpful :) Haven't heard from Akin either - so will let you know if I hear anything!

• 🤝
    Reactions: ArashSh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.