TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YJ

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2021
for 'tell me a time that you have failed' would it be okay to talk about failing to convert a VS to a TC or is that just opening a can of worms I probably do not want to open? Also, should this be more of a personal failure than a professional failure?

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
for 'tell me a time that you have failed' would it be okay to talk about failing to convert a VS to a TC or is that just opening a can of worms I probably do not want to open? Also, should this be more of a personal failure than a professional failure?
Imo if you can show i) that you have reflected on and understood the root of the failure and ii) have taken some productive learning away from that experience, anything is fair game.

That said, it is an answer that they will hear fairly often and I'm not sure that 'failure' to convert is always really a 'failure' - imo if a candidate and a firm aren't right for each other the candidate didn't fail, they dodged a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.