TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8227

I got the zoom link for the Ashurst AC yesterday, with my AC tomorrow so likely they will do something similar for other people so I wouldn't stress about the link for now unless your interview is tomorrow.
Thanks for this! Does yours also say GMT time on the zoom link as it did on my confirmation? Mines on Monday so I'm wondering if I'll get the link tomorrow then

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Thanks! Do you happen to know what the next stages in the application process for Orrick are? Are invites still being sent out for ACs?
The next stage was written assessment - I don't know what follows. I don't know if invites are still going out, from responses from others on this forum WG invites were sent at different times, I'd reach out to grad rec for this information. The process hasn't followed what the grad rec brochure stated but this past 18 months has definitely caused a lot of plans to change!

Hello, Looking for some help here re the questions for Digby brown training contract and what exactly they are looking for.

1. This role will require you to deal with a variety of people from different backgrounds and deliver difficult decisions. Please outline any relevant work experience that you think would assist you in this regard?
  2. Why would you like to pursue a career with Digby Brown Solicitors and how does the firm’s vision and values align with your own attributes?

What sort of things should I be mentioning?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello, Looking for some help here re the questions for Digby brown training contract and what exactly they are looking for.

1. This role will require you to deal with a variety of people from different backgrounds and deliver difficult decisions. Please outline any relevant work experience that you think would assist you in this regard?
  2. Why would you like to pursue a career with Digby Brown Solicitors and how does the firm’s vision and values align with your own attributes?

What sort of things should I be mentioning?

Any help would be massively appreciated.
For the first question, any roles that have either: 1) meant you have had to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds (colleagues or customers) and/or 2) deliver difficult decisions to other people should be included. That could be anything from working in retail/hospitality through to working in a law firm - it doesn't really matter what the job is, just it gave you exposure to those elements. You should focus on the responsibilities that gave you the opportunity to develop those skills.

The firm's vision and values are here: Mission Statement - Digby Brown Solicitors. You don't have to focus on them all, just the ones that are of particular importance to you or that you think really show your personal strengths. Back up any claims of your attitudes/skills in this regard with some evidence.

nkji500

• Jul 13, 2021
    Hi, for those who received their log in details for the Ashurst platform in advanced of the assessment center - did you fill out all the information on your page? I'm not sure if I should add a picture and a bio?

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Hi guys, I just got an invite to Ashurst's AC next Tuesday (28th Sept) for the direct TC. I will have to do an interview with HR and an associate, followed by a written case study exercise. Do any of you have tips based on your experience/knowledge? Anything in particular to note for Ashurst? This will be my second AC ever so I'm still quite nervous. I've never done a written case study before either.
    Congrats! Would u mind if I asked when did u apply?

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
    Feb 25, 2021
    Can anyone give me additional insight into difference in trainees role/ experience in disputes setting versus M&A for example. Obviously the adversarial and timeline factors are broad points but what else is worth mentioning?

D

Deleted member 2707

Can anyone give me additional insight into difference in trainees role/ experience in disputes setting versus M&A for example. Obviously the adversarial and timeline factors are broad points but what else is worth mentioning?
    Something I noticed during my internships is the amount of research required- disputes has a very research heavy/black-letter law element to it whilst M&A/transactional seats tend to be a little more client focused/getting the deal through. But this is all just from my experience!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.