TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Anyone know if it's worth applying directly for a TC at Hogan Lovells? I'm a bit confused because the grad rec staff at an event I attended today suggested it's better to do a VC if you can, since the direct TC spots are basically whatever's left over after they've chosen their VC students. But also the direct TC applications seem to be open from now until January for law grads, so would've thought that means they're assessing their direct TC applicants in parallel.
    Some firms never read any TC apps because they filled all their spots from the vac schemes. So if they’ve actively said that I would prioritise applying for whatever gives me the best chance of being successful

Reactions: anxiouslawyer

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    I’m really confused whether I can apply to slaughter and may or not. I already have the GDL, so does that mean I have to do the CCP to do the sqe 1 and 2? Can I still do the LPC route?

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
    Feb 25, 2021
    Guys, I just received a TC offer from A&O and I just wanted to thank everyone for their support on here!!!!! Not only would I have been totally clueless going into the application and interview process, I also would not have been able to pick myself up from all the rejections I got over the last few cycles. Everyone on this community is so supportive and I can't thank everyone enough.

I also just wanted to say that I didn't ever think I was good enough to get a Magic Circle firm. I didn't even apply for my first few cycles ( I didn't think it was worth it because I wasn't good enough). So for anyone who is feeling rubbish about themselves, just keep going and don't sell yourself short!!!!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Guys, I just received a TC offer from A&O and I just wanted to thank everyone for their support on here!!!!! Not only would I have been totally clueless going into the application and interview process, I also would not have been able to pick myself up from all the rejections I got over the last few cycles. Everyone on this community is so supportive and I can't thank everyone enough.

I also just wanted to say that I didn't ever think I was good enough to get a Magic Circle firm. I didn't even apply for my first few cycles ( I didn't think it was worth it because I wasn't good enough). So for anyone who is feeling rubbish about themselves, just keep going and don't sell yourself short!!!!!
    Amazing news! Congratulations 🎉

Season 1 Applause GIF by America's Got Talent

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Terrific news, really well done :).

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020

Congratulations! Is this for March 2024?

ZS

Standard Member
    Oct 21, 2021
    Does anyone have any insight into the Assessment Centre for Walker Morris? All I've been told is that we'll have to complete a group based exercise. Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For anyone who has studied Scots law, do you apply for the “non-law” TCs? (since technically our degree is considered a non-qualifying law degree)
    It’s always best to contact the individual firms about this, as confusingly some will consider you a law applicant and others a non-law

Reactions: dangelataher
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.