TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 6
Nov 9, 2020
They ask you not to post on LinkedIn until they finish the recruitment process
I’m not sure this is true because they didn’t mention that to me and I’ve seen a few others who’ve been offered TCs from CC … best of luck everyone ! I heard back in a couple of days but that was for 2023

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    I think those that were 100% definite offers were called in the days after their interviews. All the others who haven't heard are either rejections or in a maybe pile - and then they compare the maybe pile after all interviews and do calls then
    I think only one person was contacted after their AC. No other offers have been made pending the end of the process.

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    I’m not sure this is true because they didn’t mention that to me and I’ve seen a few others who’ve been offered TCs from CC … best of luck everyone ! I heard back in a couple of days but that was for 2023
    2022 and 2023 definitely. The 2024 pool to the best of my knowledge is wider hence the delays. I agree that its not the case that they'd limit people posting on Linkedin.

Amanpreet Kaur

Star Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Hi, I'm just wondering for those applying for TC direct positions, how much legal experience do you have/consider sufficient? Is there greater expectations with the amount of experience you need with direct applications?

LegalTom

Jan 29, 2022
    Hi, I'm just wondering for those applying for TC direct positions, how much legal experience do you have/consider sufficient? Is there greater expectations with the amount of experience you need with direct applications?
    You do not need legal experience. Any experience will suffice as long as you can draw relevant skills needed for the legal role you're applying for, from your non-legal job/activity.

Reactions: Amanpreet Kaur and AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.