TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    Another email from GR at CC:

Hi (X),

Thank you for your email.

We are in the process of making outcome calls. We are hoping to deliver all outcomes today but this may go into next week due to the volume of calls we have to make. Calls are made in a random order.

*calls are being made in a “random order”

Haha, its really about being positive isn't it? Anyway, I think its best to simply wait for when the call comes: whatever the outcome.

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    This is soo painful - I cannot believe I missed the call. Now I am just waiting and I feel like someone is stabbing me in the stomach.
    They'll be very much used to people missing calls. You can't reasonably be expected to monitor your phone 24/7 in the hope that they'll call you. I missed calls for a VS at three stages of the process for one firm and it didn't affect me at all.

Just keep trying to call back and then email as well if you can't get through.

Really hope you get good news!

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    Hiya does anyone have a list of firms offering direct tc apps and their respective deadlines for apps? vac scheme apps this season havent looked all that successful so definitely am looking ahead - thanks alot

bppgdlgrad

Feb 4, 2022
    nope - was hoping for an update by this week! Do you think they will reject us soon if we don’t pass the WG or wait till the end?
    I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Freshfields for the AC? Has anyone who's done the WG heard back yet? I guess we'll all be less stressed if it turns out that noone has been invited to the AC yet - as I believe is the case?

Reactions: FT

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2020
    Last year ACs didn’t start till around 24th Feb so defo still time!
    in the email they said they start in feb so presuming it will be at the end as normally get about 2 weeks notice i think? Not seen anyone get an AC post WG and not sure how many have actually been sent WG (can’t judge from just here) hopefully we will hear back by end of next week!

Reactions: futuretraineecity
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.