TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanpreet Kaur

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I don’t think how much work experience you have is necessarily that relevant, besides the fact that it can support the fact that you’re sure you want to pursue a career in law without having done the “trial run” of a vac scheme. I think on the whole it makes more sense for graduates / career changers / people with other responsibilities that mean it is very difficult to take 2 weeks off in the summer, to apply for a direct TC. I’ve got 2.5 years of paralegal experience but applying for a direct TC for me more has to do with the fact that taking time off work would be very annoying and difficult. But I imagine someone with work experience in an unrelated field, who can demonstrate why they are passionate about working in law without doing a vac scheme, could very well succeed at a direct TC application if they decided that was a better match for their schedule.
This makes sense, this is reassuring to hear! I may start direct TC apps then as this cycle seems to be nearing its end haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.