TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just received an email from the CC recruitment that they are still delivering outcome calls. There are still quite a number of people who are still waiting for the call. It's just they are not active or does not use TCLA forum haha
The TCLA community have had a great success with CC of late. There were three offers in less than 24 hours at the end of last week. I know of at least 5 other TCLA offers for the firm since the new year!

Amazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For BCLP direct training one of the questions is What do you find attractive about Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner's sectors/departments and which area(s) are you interested in having exposure to in your Training Contract any why

Is this question the same as why are you attracted to BCLP but focus on their practice areas. Also is it okay to discuss awards and deals in this question just like we do in a question about why you are attracted to this firm.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For BCLP direct training one of the questions is What do you find attractive about Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner's sectors/departments and which area(s) are you interested in having exposure to in your Training Contract any why

Is this question the same as why are you attracted to BCLP but focus on their practice areas. Also is it okay to discuss awards and deals in this question just like we do in a question about why you are attracted to this firm.
    Make sure everything is connected back to a sector or practice group. This is where lots of people go wrong with this question in my opinion. You could reference deals, but you need to be clear how that links to a particular sector or department and also why that deal is so important for your motivations.

• Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Make sure everything is connected back to a sector or practice group. This is where lots of people go wrong with this question in my opinion. You could reference deals, but you need to be clear how that links to a particular sector or department and also why that deal is so important for your motivations.
    I realised I nearly made a mistake about this when referring to practise areas and not sectors. Thank you very much for this it is really helpful. Also by the department do they mean a practice area such as litigation and as well you think we should focus on a sector rather than a practice area.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I realised I nearly made a mistake about this when referring to practise areas and not sectors. Thank you very much for this it is really helpful. Also by the department do they mean a practice area such as litigation and as well you think we should focus on a sector rather than a practice area.
    Some people only focus on practice areas and that is fine. It really depends on what your motivations are. If you have a particular interest in a sector group though, it's worthwhile highlighting.

Yes, as I understand it BCLP consider departments as the teams within the broader practice areas: Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner - Practices (bclplaw.com)

• Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.