TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Hello, I am preparing for assessment centres and I was wondering if someone would be interested in doing a peer to peer case study exercise with me? I was thinking someone could play the interviewer and the other one the candidate and we would prepare a case study and then switch roles. I think it would be a great simulation exercise and we could learn from each other. If anyone is interested please feel free to send me a message! :)
@LS07 I think this is a great idea! Perhaps you can post in the main vacation scheme thread (which is currently getting more hits as we are in peak vac scheme season) and also create your own thread about the topic where members can go if they are interested in getting involved!

In the meantime, feel free to check out TCLA's paid mock interview service, which includes case study interviews :)

B_L@w

Standard Member
Oct 5, 2021
I emailed freshfields to ask for my WG test score and they replied that their system doesn’t show that I have completed the test!!?
I’m panicking. I definitely submitted it and got the feedback/equal opportunity email like a minute later (which I screenshot and sent to them) but I don’t know what to do. I prepped so much and now I feel like they’re not going to believe me and have already given out all their AC spots.

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2020
I emailed freshfields to ask for my WG test score and they replied that their system doesn’t show that I have completed the test!!?
I’m panicking. I definitely submitted it and got the feedback/equal opportunity email like a minute later (which I screenshot and sent to them) but I don’t know what to do. I prepped so much and now I feel like they’re not going to believe me and have already given out all their AC spots.
Hi is for the direct TC? I didn’t get any confirmation post completing the WG?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
No harm in asking them whether you can retake the assessment at this late stage. Technical errors happen - I very much doubt they will think you are lying - it is more just whether they still have the timeframes to consider your application at this stage, No harm in asking though - puts you in no worse a position than you are in now.

mclan02

Standard Member
Dec 23, 2021
Has anyone here applied for Hogan Lovells? I completed the WG a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything since. Is it usually an immediate rejection if you haven't passed the test?
I haven’t heard anything either 😕 I saw someone on the other thread say it’s an immediate rejection if you’re under a certain percentile but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.