TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker - Hi. What does a 'Notice period' mean in Accutrainee's online application?
If you are in employment, you typically have to work a notice period. This could be anything from a couple of days to potentially even six months. The firm just needs to know what your notice period is as part of their recruitment process.

Reactions: Scandi

al2020

Premium Member
Forum Winner
Jul 5, 2020
S&M Interview! Any tips? I'm a bit nervous as I haven't done a vacation scheme yet with any firm, but I have recently completed a 5-week stint with a human rights law firm overseas.
Hi - congrats on the SM interview. Be sure to check out the Slaughters interview experiences section here for a flavour of the questions you might get. I did my TC interview at Slaughters a couple of weeks ago, so I can confirm that the experiences outlined are similar to mine. Best piece of advice I can give is to know your CV inside out, prep for the written exercise, and most importantly, be yourself. Good luck, you've got this!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Has anyone heard back from NRF?

Just got a response from Phillipa that a response email with an outcome for summer 2024 TCs will be out in the next 48 hours.

Not sure if that is a batch response for all candidates or if that will just be for non-shortlisted candidates.
I am not positive about it but the next cycle is less than a month away so let's be ready!

Reactions: F12M34L and Adrian_S

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
BCLP PFO - Post Bespoke Test
TLT PFO - Application stage
WFW VI invite! - Would appreciate any information about the number of/time limit for questions and type of questions that come up! :)
If you're comfortable disclosing, could I ask how long did it take to receive BCLP's PFO? I'm still waiting after completing the test on 15 June. Thanks!

CorporateLawBeginner

Standard Member
Jun 16, 2022
PFO post AC. This marks 3 cycles empty handed. I felt incredibly well prepared for the interview, the partner seemed impressed with my in-depth answers and insights into the firm and the firms culture. Not really sure what I did wrong or why I am unable to convert, so it’s a bit disheartening. Succeed or learn I suppose. I shall receive feedback from GR and go again next year.

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
PFO post AC. This marks 3 cycles empty handed. I felt incredibly well prepared for the interview, the partner seemed impressed with my in-depth answers and insights into the firm and the firms culture. Not really sure what I did wrong or why I am unable to convert, so it’s a bit disheartening. Succeed or learn I suppose. I shall receive feedback from GR and go again next year.

Sometimes it isn't anything you did wrong. The competition might just be that good. Either way, take what you can in terms of feedback and come back stronger. Don't be disheartened and never compare your journey to anyone else's because you simply won't be able to make sense of it. Your time will come. I've been through about 3-4 cycles myself.

I had similar feedback on an AC and also failed that same AC despite seemingly doing everything right. That just tells me that the other competitors did it better and is motivation for me to improve myself and make myself as reject-proof as possible.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.