TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollss

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2022
Does anyone know if Stephenson Harwood’s application process is entirely virtual? So case study and assessment centre are they in person or online too?

legallybrunette22

Aug 3, 2022
I've just been notified by a firm that I've been placed on the reserve list for their TC. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but how likely do you think it is that people will drop out and I'll be offered their TC? Does anyone have any experience of this/know people this has happened to? Thank you :)

Reactions: eleanor97

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I've just been notified by a firm that I've been placed on the reserve list for their TC. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but how likely do you think it is that people will drop out and I'll be offered their TC? Does anyone have any experience of this/know people this has happened to? Thank you :)
The fact they operate a wait list suggests there is a chance. Firms could easily not bother to do this and wouldn’t waste their time if there wasn’t a chance.

It’s going to be impossible for anyone to determine your chances though. There are too many variables at play here. Just because it may or may not have happened to someone else, doesn’t mean the same will happen to you (even if it is the same firm and not that long ago).

One question to ask the firm is where are you on the wait list. Being first rather than fourth will obviously have stronger chances.

• ℹ️
Reactions: AvniD, eleanor97 and Adrian_S

legallybrunette22

Aug 3, 2022
The fact they operate a wait list suggests there is a chance. Firms could easily not bother to do this and wouldn’t waste their time if there wasn’t a chance.

It’s going to be impossible for anyone to determine your chances though. There are too many variables at play here. Just because it may or may not have happened to someone else, doesn’t mean the same will happen to you (even if it is the same firm and not that long ago).

One question to ask the firm is where are you on the wait list. Being first rather than fourth will obviously have stronger chances.
This is really helpful, thank you Jessica- I'll be sure to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.