TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YJyj

Dec 29, 2020
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Just wondering if anyone knows how many Assessment Centres White & Case is holding and if someone else has been invited to the AC and would like to PM me?

Reactions: s20001203

hrb_pg

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hogan Lowell’s PFO. Do they share WG results if asked?

Hi,

re HL, I remember seeing on this forum(several times) that people emailed grad rec if they got rejected because they wanted to know if rejection was because of the app or WG scores(in the end it was because of their application IIRC). Perhaps it might be best to contact the graduate recruitment team at HL? They’re very speedy at responding in my case.

also I haven’t heard back yet, if you can remember , may I ask when you applied and did the WG? I haven’t heard a peep, fingers crossed. Good luck for all the other apps!

hrb_pg

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Yeah and they said that they would only be in contact with successful applicants post-app, so that's why I'm asking here regularly

Don't think there's anything else that can be done except waiting
Oh okay i see.
Just to let you know, there’s a phone number contact on one of the recruitment pages for graduates (I’m not sure if this is firm wide or for the London office). Perhaps that’s the only line of contact we as candidates can have with Paul Hastings as of now?
Thanks for letting me know.

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2020
Interview invite for Akin Gump TC. The email says I will receive a short article the day before that will form part of the interview. If anyone has any experience with this or just advice/tips in general I'd be very grateful.

Would also be good to know how long the interview lasts if anyone has already done it

ll41

• Feb 25, 2021
    Interview invite for Akin Gump TC. The email says I will receive a short article the day before that will form part of the interview. If anyone has any experience with this or just advice/tips in general I'd be very grateful.

Would also be good to know how long the interview lasts if anyone has already done it
    Same here, would be extremely grateful!

• 🏆
    Reactions: OB

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Hi,

re HL, I remember seeing on this forum(several times) that people emailed grad rec if they got rejected because they wanted to know if rejection was because of the app or WG scores(in the end it was because of their application IIRC). Perhaps it might be best to contact the graduate recruitment team at HL? They’re very speedy at responding in my case.

also I haven’t heard back yet, if you can remember , may I ask when you applied and did the WG? I haven’t heard a peep, fingers crossed. Good luck for all the other apps!
    Thanks! Applied 15 July, completed the WG on 3 August :)

Reactions: hrb_pg

Yas

Aug 10, 2021

Same here, would be extremely grateful!
    Hey, I recently did an article interview for Freshfields and was successful, I’m not sure how similar the format of your interview will be but feel free to drop me a message as I’m more than happy to share how I prepared if you think it would be helpful! :)

Aun Abbas

Aug 10, 2019
    I'm still waiting to hear, I sent grad rec an email this morning asking if they had a timeline for when we can expect to hear and if they'll provide the Watson Glaser score, I'll let you know if/when I get a reply! Good luck
    Hiya - did they respond to you by any chance? Was invited to the WG to be completed by the 6th of Sep - so clearly the recruitment process is still going.

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    If anyone applied for HFW direct tc, I emailed them for an update and they said they are still finalising decisions and will be back in touch by the end of September

• ℹ️
    Reactions: SS1 and OB

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Is there a way to contact them? No email on their recruitment page (from what I can see).

Yeah and they said that they would only be in contact with successful applicants post-app, so that's why I'm asking here regularly

Don't think there's anything else that can be done except waiting
    Just in case you guys are wondering I've just had an interview invite (which I had to decline). I suspect given how late in the cycle it is there will be plenty in the same boat as me.

Reactions: M777 and OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.