TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Kld

Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 7, 2023
I am a recent graduate with no legal work experience, will it be worth applying to direct TCs without any experience? other than firms that only have a direct tc route.
I think you can, especially if you have some work experiences you can pull on that show transferable skills - team work, attention to detail, problem solving, client skills etc. you could always do some virtual stuff on forage, just so you can have that on your work experience etc?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hey! I have been offered a vacation scheme for the summer and wanted to ask if this could be mentioned in direct TC applications I will make before it takes place? a brief mention as I would not have yet completed it. or would it be best to not mention it at all? thank you!
Yes, you can reference it as an upcoming scheme. Generally I would encourage people to reference it somewhere in an application unless the firms were incredibly different to one another.

• ℹ️
Reactions: axelbeugre and Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.