Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have experience taking annual leave for vacation schemes😂😂
I have plenty of experience of dealing with the requests.

It will depend on:

How long you want off
What time you want off (start of the programme is pretty difficult)
What you want the time off for
How long the vacation scheme is (if it’s less than 2 weeks, you won’t even accumulate annual leave).

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Yes I saw that too. Not sure if that’s an error on the application portal or the website. But the link posted above is the only TC link for London
    i'm so confused, the one on their website says "Training contract 2025 and february 2026" and has the dates for this recruitment cycle 😭

View attachment 5226
    is anyone able to login to CC's direct tc portal? they open today but I can't seem to figure how how the portal works

I shot an email to grad rec yday about this and they said all the apps should be going live today and their website will be launching sometime today so jus keep an eye out! :)

Last edited:

Marco Polo

Dec 2, 2022
    Hi,
    I haven't secured a TC this year yet but in case I don't get it I thought of staying home and enrolling in law in my home country (I'm not originally from the UK) and doing the degree in 2-3 years (normally it's 5 but you can do it faster if you're inclined to do so). Anyways, if I did that I would lose my pre-settled status and I would have to get a visa if I got a TC in the future. My question is - would I be at a disadvantage because of that in the recruitment process? Currently I have the right to work and don't require anything but I can't get a job as a paralegal or legal assistant either so staying in the UK doesn't seem feasible for me as I don't want to be stuck in hospitality waiting tables for indefinite future without any clearly defined future in law.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi,
    I haven't secured a TC this year yet but in case I don't get it I thought of staying home and enrolling in law in my home country (I'm not originally from the UK) and doing the degree in 2-3 years (normally it's 5 but you can do it faster if you're inclined to do so). Anyways, if I did that I would lose my pre-settled status and I would have to get a visa if I got a TC in the future. My question is - would I be at a disadvantage because of that in the recruitment process? Currently I have the right to work and don't require anything but I can't get a job as a paralegal or legal assistant either so staying in the UK doesn't seem feasible for me as I don't want to be stuck in hospitality waiting tables for indefinite future without any clearly defined future in law.
    I do not know your situation so I cannot precisely assist you. From your user name, I suppose you are Italian. An Italian degree is not like the UK one. It is way harder and more demanding..An Italian law degree has between 32 to 40 exams and I won't mention the exam's content (pure nightmare)
    The visa process is long, expensive and likely to become harder if you did not graduate from a top university, dealing with the Home Office is just insane. If I were you, I would keep the pre-settled status which is a good limbo to be in.

Marco Polo

Dec 2, 2022
    I do not know your situation so I cannot precisely assist you. From your user name, I suppose you are Italian. An Italian degree is not like the UK one. It is way harder and more demanding..An Italian law degree has between 32 to 40 exams and I won't mention the exam's content (pure nightmare)
    The visa process is long, expensive and likely to become harder if you did not graduate from a top university, dealing with the Home Office is just insane. If I were you, I would keep the pre-settled status which is a good limbo to be in.
    Thanks! I'm actually Polish and the degree here at the best law school in the country is quite chill with lots of decent employment options afterwards. I graduated from Glasgow uni with a first class degree (English law, not Scots) so I'm hoping it won't be that hard. My goal is to qualify somewhere and start working or at least to get closer to that goal but staying in the UK with the possibility that I might be applying for years on end doesn't seem to bring me any closer to that, hence my doubts.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks! I'm actually Polish and the degree here at the best law school in the country is quite chill with lots of decent employment options afterwards. I graduated from Glasgow uni with a first class degree (English law, not Scots) so I'm hoping it won't be that hard. My goal is to qualify somewhere and start working or at least to get closer to that goal but staying in the UK with the possibility that I might be applying for years on end doesn't seem to bring me any closer to that, hence my doubts.
    I think you have a good plan!

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 6, 2022
    Is anyone else not able to get past the personal info section on the CC apps? I press save & continue but it just doesn’t load and nothing changes. Even though I filled out all the components on the page.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.