TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

johnnn821

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2021
I am confused. Does this mean CC does not offer a 2025 training contract? Up until yesterday they advertised it on their website, seems it has been removed now.

Lawandmore

Sep 26, 2021
Hey! I just wanted to post a quick message reassuring those of you applying for TCs this cycle that you can certainly achieve your goal. I also wanted to offer some assistance. I achieved BCC at A-Level, attended a non-Russell group university and graduated with a 2:1. I applied for TCs in my first and third years and received zero offers. I then began the LPC LLM and have just secured a TC at Osborne Clarke. I went from zero offers to being able to pass multiple stages of assessment and secure a TC at a top firm by learning everything I possibly could about the process.

If anyone is looking to apply to OC or wants help with vac scheme / TC applications more generally, please just send me a message. It took me a lot of time, research and conversations to learn how to pass all of the stages successfully, so if you think I may be able to help just let me know.

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Nothing from Hogan Lovells and no reply after leaving a voicemail with Jen Baird and grad rec. Any updates? I have to say, this has happened more than once (do they only have one person or something?) while White & Case on the other hand always had someone I could speak to. If anyone has a good contact for HL GR, lmk.

Reactions: bibss

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Nothing from Hogan Lovells and no reply after leaving a voicemail with Jen Baird and grad rec. Any updates? I have to say, this has happened more than once (do they only have one person or something?) while White & Case on the other hand always had someone I could speak to. If anyone has a good contact for HL GR, lmk.
it’s the worst time of year to call them - new trainees starting, seat rotations, qualification process, launching new recruitment cycles and marketing campaigns, getting ready for event season, dealing with onboarding matters for LPC/SWE/GDL future trainees.

Unfortunately you will be at the bottom of their priority list because of all of this. Plus they might not even have an update for you. Please try to be patient with them.

You have contacted the best people in the best way. I would just wait for them to come back to you unless your query is an absolute must know the answer rather than would like to know the answer situation.

BubbleTeaFan

Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2022
is anyone else having difficulty filling out the work experience section in CC's app? it seems like there is only space for one experience with no buttons to add more, and it does not tell you the maximum word limit for the description, although it lets you input exactly 381 words...

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
1. Hello @Jessica Booker hope you are well. For Freshfields, do you think we should cover all the skills that the firm looks for, through supporting examples, in our personal statement. or should we do that in the work ex section?

2. if your answer is the former, then should we dedicate an entire last paragraph on the personal statement that goes something like "I believe I am suited to freshfields for the following reasons. My teamworking abilities is highlighted by x, my resilience is highlighted by Y, my interest in business is highlited by Z and collectively, due to the above reasons i fit the bill"

Thanks.

juiceboy

Sep 7, 2023
Hi 👋

Is anyone waiting to hear back from Stephenson Harwood following their case study? I am also waiting on Hogan Lovells post-AC via their direct TC (since there is now a new recruitment cycle I guess it’s a PFO) 🫠

Reactions: seriouslylegal

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Hi 👋

Is anyone waiting to hear back from Stephenson Harwood following their case study? I am also waiting on Hogan Lovells post-AC via their direct TC (since there is now a new recruitment cycle I guess it’s a PFO) 🫠
Didn’t know Hogan Lovells already finished the ACs for direct TC! Good to know though. 🤣 Hope you hear back soon as I know how stressful the post AC wait is

Reactions: juiceboy

mckelly

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi 👋

Hogan Lovells post-AC?? When did you have your AC then as I don't think anyone else on this thread has been invited to an AC...

Reactions: juiceboy

juiceboy

Sep 7, 2023
Didn’t know Hogan Lovells already finished the ACs for direct TC! Good to know though. 🤣 Hope you hear back soon as I know how stressful the post AC wait is
Stressful to say the least. Oh I do not know if they have stopped inviting people to the AC via their direct route. I was just speculating as we are now heading to a new recruitment cycle … :(

Reactions: bibss

juiceboy

Sep 7, 2023
Hello @Jessica Booker - I completed an AC with Hogan Lovells at the beginning of August, and I am still awaiting a response. Have they just ghosted me? As I tried calling them and no one has even bothered to email me or call me back. I am very upset about this, as I thought I did well in the AC.

Any advice here?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.