TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2023
I am pretty sure this is Goodwin application. Since it is optional you can decide to not respond, but they might ask you the same question in the interview and I am afraid that you will be required to answer (I was asked the question in my interview at Goodwin) so my suggestion is to find an answer to the question. It can be very simple. I did not mention all the firms I applied to (since I applied to more than 20+ by that point) so I decided to mention firms that had something in common or I attended an event at.
Yes it's Goodwin application. How should I answer such questions? (As in the structure & content)

What's the best way to answer the first part of the question? It's only mentioned to "tell about XYZ" but idk how to write it. Should I write like a cover letter or "positions of responsibility/extracurricular activities" as the heading and a paragraph below it?

The first part is:

Please briefly summarise anything else that you would like to add which you think is relevant to your application. This can be positions of responsibility, extra-curricular activities and achievements or academic awards or scholarships.

Last edited:
Reactions: axelbeugre

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
if anyone's still waiting on A&O- i just checked my portal now and it said rejected on 8th december. weird as i've been checking it all weekend and it said under review this morning too. I haven't received an email either, maybe that's on the way? :/

assumed it was a pfo anyways given the ac's being tomorrow- also i wouldn't have been able to take time off work with that short notice anyways!

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
if anyone's still waiting on A&O- i just checked my portal now and it said rejected on 8th december. weird as i've been checking it all weekend and it said under review this morning too. I haven't received an email either, maybe that's on the way? :/

assumed it was a pfo anyways given the ac's being tomorrow- also i wouldn't have been able to take time off work with that short notice anyways!
just checked mine too, rejected.

amrita6399

Valued Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 13, 2023

I got rejected too, just checked the portal.

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Just had an A&O PFO but had this email reply: “Although we’re not able to progress further with your application on this occasion, we would like to be able to contact you if any other suitable opportunities come up.”

Is that a generic PFO that everyone got?

Reactions: amrita6399

Mariyam_M

Jun 27, 2023
    I have an interview for direct TC with them tomorrow. I applied on the 1st of October, and on the 30th they emailed to confirm some grades. I was invited to interview on the 21st of November
    Congratulations!! Do you think they have other AC dates further down the line or should I just consider this a PFO and move on? Sorry, I’m just getting a bit anxious about it.

Reactions: atlas2425

Charlottehollyx

Star Member
    Nov 10, 2023
    Congratulations!! Do you think they have other AC dates further down the line or should I just consider this a PFO and move on? Sorry, I’m just getting a bit anxious about it.
    It isn't an assessment center in the same way as other firms. There's no group work or anything like that. I could choose from 5 dates, and any time on those days, so I don't think they have set days and will just interview until they've interviewed everyone they want to

Reactions: atlas2425

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.