TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Co0rpBarbie20

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 23, 2023
    omg just got a slaughters email that nearly gave me a heart attack
    "Thank you for applying to Slaughter and May, and we apologise for not being able to get back to you yet with a decision on your training contract application.

We received a very high number of applications just before the deadline at the end of November - as every application is individually reviewed as part of our selection process, we are still reviewing applications and will be in contact with you as soon as possible."

i thought it was a PFO lol
    same my heart sank and was revieved quickly 😆😆

Cryingtiger

Valued Member
    Dec 11, 2020
    Were you part of any of their schemes? I thought they were non-rolling and their deadline was 1st December.

I’m not sure … and yes the deadline was December! I applied at the end of November!

Nope I was not! But I have completed first year schemes at other law firms..

Did you apply for spring or summer? I did speak to GR about AC invites and they did mention they are still inviting people - so best of luck!!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Can I add forage work exp in the work exp section of my application or if I've mentioned it in my answers, I can skip that?
    I am not sure if you can add it or not (some people add it in the work experience section, others prefer not to add it and just mention it in the answer). If I were you, if you have enough work experience to talk about, I would not put them down but I would mention it as a way to substantiate your 'why this firm' answer.

Reactions: Samridhi Jain

yeezyee

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 8, 2023
    To all CC on holders - I will be emailing CC grad rec that I will be withdrawing my application and my spot for the AC - I have decided I will be accepting a TC elsewhere. Hopefully, that'll free up a spot for someone on the waiting list.
    Congrats on your TC offer!!!!! and thank you from all CC on holders 🥳🥰🥰

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    HL TC offer post WVS :)
    Congratulations! Some fantastic news ahead of the festive break

Happy Christmas Tree GIF by Kaufland Slovensko

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.