TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
I had my interview on Friday too. I was told we would know in around a week to 10 days,
Hi @Jessica Booker , this is from HSF:

"Dear []

Many thanks for your email.

It is extremely rare that we will consider an applicant for a direct Training Contract. This is because we only hire from our Vacation Schemes.

If you would like to, you can submit an application for a Vacation Scheme and make a note in the adjustments section that you wish to be considered for a direct Training Contract. However, we can make no promises that you will be successful via this route."

Could you comment on whether it's worth making the application in such a case? Thanks in advance.

Pokeria

Jun 2, 2023
Hi @Jessica Booker , this is from HSF:

"Dear []

Many thanks for your email.

It is extremely rare that we will consider an applicant for a direct Training Contract. This is because we only hire from our Vacation Schemes.

If you would like to, you can submit an application for a Vacation Scheme and make a note in the adjustments section that you wish to be considered for a direct Training Contract. However, we can make no promises that you will be successful via this route."

Could you comment on whether it's worth making the application in such a case? Thanks in advance.
They told me the only reason they would consider a direct TC is for an exceptional reason for being unable to attend the vacation scheme whether that was a health reason or an immense opportunity.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

lw2000

Distinguished Member
Aug 19, 2021
What does it mean if HR wants to call and discuss your application after a first round interview without giving an outcome? Is this likely PFO? The uncertainty is making me nervous lol

Louise59

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Did anyone apply to King & Spalding, or started the application? If so, how did you find the form? I want to apply but I cannot find the online form on the website..

AlexJ

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 23, 2022
    Did anyone apply to King & Spalding, or started the application? If so, how did you find the form? I want to apply but I cannot find the online form on the website..
    Hi Lousie, I don't think the form is live yet - Legal cheek has applications opening Friday. You should be able to find previous versions of the form on the internet if you wanted to get ahead

Reactions: Louise59

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Macfarlanes TC!!
    Got the call after completing the LPC and not completing a single vac scheme.
    It just takes the one!

Good luck to everyone, it's a long haul but it can pay off!
    That is fantastic news - congratulations!!

Season 4 Applause GIF by Blindspot

Reactions: Noodles

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.