TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

UnknownLondon123

Standard Member
Nov 6, 2023
Possibly - but if you have put it in work experience, your application will have been reviewed as such, and therefore the agency is likely going to want to verify it still.

As stressed, there are various ways your volunteering can be verified. It really shouldn’t be a worry. The only people who have to worry about reference checks are those who have presented false information in their application.
That’s reassuring. Thank you so much! I’ve never provided false information and so you’re right. I will wait for the agency to contact me and go from there.

Thank you so much, Jessica. You have really calmed my nerves.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
PFO from Slaughter and May :(

It's weird - I find I put far more time and effort into their application, which I didn't get through, while others which I've done relatively quickly I have. Is it just a case of it being a TC application, which is more competitive than a VS, or simply because they're S&M and uber competitive? Disappointed, I have to say.

• Sad
Reactions: amrita6399

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

It's weird - I find I put far more time and effort into their application, which I didn't get through, while others which I've done relatively quickly I have. Is it just a case of it being a TC application, which is more competitive than a VS, or simply because they're S&M and uber competitive? Disappointed, I have to say.
It might just be that you align more easily with other firms, therefore you find it easier to complete their applications and they see the evidence they want to see.

Generally firms are a little more risk adverse with TC applicants while they can take a little more of a gamble with VS candidates.

Reactions: laby201

Percypig12

Valued Member
Oct 19, 2021

Sorry to hear that - do you mind me asking when you applied please? Have been waiting to hear back from them for AGES

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
And for international students who cant apply to VCs, would you say that the direct TC looks at internationals a bit more favorably than other applicants or not really @Jessica Booker
They won’t be looked at more favourably - just the same as any other candidate.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.