TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
And for international students who cant apply to VCs, would you say that the direct TC looks at internationals a bit more favorably than other applicants or not really @Jessica Booker
There is no advantage in being international and applying for direct training contract, if anything it could be a bit challenging as you will need to demonstrate why you are worth the investment (since they will need to sponsor you) compared to your British national counterpart. As an international student myself, when I was applying last year I thought that it would have been harder for me to get a training contract because of the visa issues. However, I would say that these considerations, although valid, should not deter you or make you feel like you have an advantage on anyone or less chances than anyone. Put your best foot forward and submit the best applications that you can, and I am sure you will be successful!

Good luck with the process!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.